Disposable e-cigs are by far the easiest way to begin vaping, especially in 2020. After the federal ban on flavored vape pods happened, disposable vapes became the next best option for those after ultimate convenience. Disposable vapes are designed to be familiar to smokers, but without the tar, smoke, and ash that comes with smoking cigarettes. There are no replaceable parts, buttons, rechargeable batteries, or complicated menus to navigate. They’re all draw-activated, meaning you simply remove the device from the package and start puffing. And when the battery dies, simply toss them in the trash.
Without a doubt, disposable vapes are the easiest vapes to begin vaping. There are no moving parts, and while you should never try to take one apart yourself, they just contain a battery and a juice reservoir. So what’s the need for pro tips? No matter how easy disposable vapes are to use, there are some things you should know that could be taken for granted.
- Don’t store them in extreme temperatures; remember, they have small lithium-ion batteries inside
- Don’t try and hack them for a refill; this could also cause an auto-fire and potentially break the device
- Dispose of them like other lithium-ion batteries, in a designated drop off for battery recycling
- Make sure you draw from the mouthpiece ONLY; drawing from the bottom of the device could cause the vape to auto fire. Since there are no buttons, there would be no way to turn it off besides slamming it down on concrete, which would break the device and result in further safety concerns
- Make sure to not cover the airflow holes while drawing on the vape (normally, the airflow holes are on the very bottom of the device); covering the airholes while drawing could cause an unfixable leak
- Dispose of after the flavor drops off, even if there is more battery life. If you push it, you might get a nasty dry or burnt hit
- Don’t worry about counting puffs! The puff estimation of these devices was made by automatic puff machines for very specific draw durations. In general, the puff numbers are accurate enough
Disposable vapes are very convenient! They’re super simple to use, they’re small and pocketable, and there’s no real learning curve. However, as with any kind of device that’s powered by a lithium-ion battery, caution and care should always be exercised.